Friday 11 January 2013

On Internet Scams

Sometimes a simple, honest post advertising English tutor services on Craigslist can lead to an (attempted) scam.


Thanks very much for your quick reply and I'm so delighted to read from you. I was able to locate your contact details while I was surfing the internet for a teacher teach That Would my son When he arrives in Ottawa, Ontario ... 

Meanwhile, I am giving you my words That I Have No Doubt about all what you Said in the e-mail.
 As for Where he will be staying, Have already made ​​arrangement for That you and I would Provide the address as soon as we agree on this, he will be staying aussi with a Caretaker That Would take care of him for 3-months and drives him Where will the lesson to take up gold Either library somewhere suitable for Both of you. The Caretaker will touch you with her ​​full house address. As for the lesson fee, everything is okay by me and I want to let you understand That Robert will be coming in time FEW weeks before the end of probably September 2012. 

Concerning the payment arrangement, I am aussi Assuring you will not be That It a problem as one of my wife's business associate in Canada Would be paying you on my Behalf and my wife HAD Already spoken with her ​​about this and She has promised to forward the payment to you as soon as you Provide your details for payment and it will be in the form of Certified Check or Money orders cash-able (traveler's check) same day for the lessons fee and more so, I will be paying for two months lessons now and Robert will be paying you Directly Effective the first two months lessons. 
 

So, I will be expecting to read from you with the Following information below so that i can forward it to the person That Will email out the payment:
 

Name to be on the payment:
 
House Address to receive payment:
 
City:
 
Province / State:
 
Post Code:
 
Contact Phone Number:
 

I wait to hear from you as soon as possible.
 

Best Regards
 
James Walker.

(An actual email I received in response to an ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment